34 Tips For Simple Weight Loss
- Get Moving: Walk/Jog/Run, do a yoga session, or hit the gym for some intense weight training, something is always better than nothing.
- Cut Down Sugar: A simple way to lose more weight is to cut down your added sugar intake. Check the labels before adding it to the trolley. You’ll be surprised at what contains added sugar. Try these 9 Easy Ways To Cut Down Your Sugar Intake.
- Swap The Soda For Soda Water: Swap it out! Swap out the soda for soda water with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. If you haven’t already cut out soda, this is going to boost your weight loss!
- Eat More Veggies: Veggies are packed full of nutrients that your body needs. They also fill you up with fiber so that you don’t crave nasty foods after your meal. The other great thing about veggies is they have barely any calories.
- Get Proper Sleep: Your body does all kinds of maintenance while you sleep, and if you don’t correctly service your car it’s going to break down. Get between 7 – 9 hours every night.
- Eat Less Processed Foods: Processed foods are generally sugary foods with little nutritional value. Try to avoid these foods to maximize weight loss. Check out these Meal Hacks To Help You Lose Weight Faster.
- Reduce Your Stress: Stress can cause weight gain and also weight loss. Either way, you want to avoid as much stress as possible. Use meditation or even yoga as a stress reliever.
- Walk For Weight Loss: Walk, walk, walk. If you can walk up the stairs instead of using the lift, do it! The more you start walking a moving, the more weight loss you will have.
- Exercise Regularly: Try to get in at least three workouts a week and keep it consistent. You soon realize that combining this with walking every day you’re getting in 10 exercise sessions a day.
- Eat Whole Foods: Whole foods such as nuts, fruits, vegetables, and seeds are full of nutritional value and keep you feeling full for longer. See 25 Foods That Help You Lose Weight.
- Eat Metabolism Boosting Foods: Coconut oil, chili, porridge, and chia seeds are all metabolism boosting foods, and there are plenty more out there.
- Avoid Shopping When Hungry: We’re all guilty, and I think we can all agree that this one’s dangerous! Not only can shopping hungry be hazardous to our weight, but our wallet also suffers.
- Read Food Labels: Sugar has many names nowadays, it’s imperative to know what you’re buying also has no added nasties.
- Don’t Fall For Low-Fat Foods: Almost all low-fat foods have added sugar to compensate for the reduced fat (flavor). A common myth is that all fat is bad and you should always buy low-fat or reduced-fat products. Just make sure the fats are healthy fats, and you’re good to go.
- Throw Away Your Sugar: Another simple weight loss tip is to cut down is to remove the sugar from your kitchen and house altogether. Easier said than done, right? I believe in you.
- Increase Your Proteins: Changing your diet to include more lean protein and will keep you feeling full for longer. When you don’t have those annoying cravings, you will have better weight loss success.
- Increase Your Healthy Fats: Increasing your healthy fat intake is a great way to cut down your sugar intake and aid in losing weight, because your body won’t be craving it as much.
- Swap To A Natural Sweetener: If you can’t get rid of that sweet tooth or cravings, don’t worry. There are some natural sweeteners such as stevia that can be your sugar alternative. This plant-based can be widely found in many stores.
- Reduce Your Carbohydrates: Bread, pasta, sugar, fruit, potato, grains. Don’t be too shocked about limiting some of the items on this list from your diet.
- Avoid Alcohol: This could be a tough one for many people who love their wine. Alcohol is loaded with unhealthy carbs and should be avoided if possible.
- Be Honest With Yourself: Lying to yourself may be the most damaging and self-sabotaging problem. Why? Because there is no one else there to stop us from lying to ourselves.
- Skip The Cheat Day: Let’s be real; a cheat day is a little too much. Give yourself a cheat meal but a whole day is only going to send your backward on your weight loss goals.
- Avoid Emotional Eating: The problem with emotional eating is that it’s going to build a habit, and every time you feel that way you will want to eat. This goes for sad, happy, angry and even confused eating.
- Drink More Water: Drinking enough water every day is vital to your health and ability to lose weight. When starting on a new diet, you’ve probably experienced food cravings. Water can help to ease these cravings. Not a fan of water? Have a look at the 7 Health Benefits of Lemon Water.
- Include A Detox Day: Including a detox day now and then is a great way to give your digestive system a short break, while flushing toxins from your body. Detoxing is a simple weight loss trick that should be included in every diet.
- Get Motivated: Getting motivated can be as easy as looking at before & after photos of people who have had weight loss success. Check out these 10 Weight Loss Motivational Quotes To Get Motivated.
- Don’t Skip Meals: The downside to this is hunger, and boy does skipping a meal give me cravings! Skipping meals isn’t worth it.
- Drink Black Coffee And Green Tea: Black coffee and green tea have virtually zero calories, and they boost your metabolism, so they’re helping you burn calories by just drinking them, I know, it’s fantastic! Take a look at the 8 Proven Health Benefits of Coffee.
- Figure Out Your Calorie Intake: An easy way to find out how many calories you should be eating is to use one of the many calorie calculators on the internet. Once you figure out your maintenance calorie intake, all you need to do is adjust it for weight loss.
- Stay In Control: You’re in charge of what you eat and how much you eat. Measuring and taking control of your portion sizes for every meal will ensure you’re not over/under eating. Don’t let the cravings control you. It’s your body and your mind.
- Help Others: Get a friend that wants to lose weight and help them, share with them what you have learned and how you made progress. It doesn’t have to be limited, even if you want to share on with everyone online or on a social media platform. Aim to help others too.
- Make Workouts Fun: Have a friend tag along, go to the park and workout, or even put on some of your favorite music and dance your @ss off! Make everything you do fun.
- Eat For Your Body: Your body wants nutrients, proper nutrients. Don’t feed it anything that is useless and provides no benefits whatsoever.
- Stop Weighing Yourself: Weighing yourself every day can be a curse and cause you to lose motivation fast! Try weighing yourself once a week, and that’s it, don’t let a different number every 24 hours demotivate you.
One of Biggest Reasons People Struggle to Lose Weight is…
They don’t have a plan.
Without the right plan, losing weight can seem to take FOREVER or in some cases not happen at all! This leads to a rapid decline in motivation… which ultimately leads to you giving up on your goals. We don’t want that!
That’s why we decided to create the BHL Fat Loss Program. It’s the ultimate step-by-step program for fast weight loss, where we’ve helped people lose up to 27 pounds in just 28 days through healthy eating, healthy living, and simple lifestyle changes.
You can take a look by clicking here.
Leave a comment if you enjoyed 34 Tips For Simple Weight Loss, or if you have any questions.