16/8 intermittent fasting is such a powerful tool when it comes to weight loss. Whether you’re just starting on your weight loss journey, or you’re already halfway through, the addition of 16/8 intermittent fasting can make a HUGE difference.
Today we’re going to give you a beginners guide to 16/8 intermittent fasting for weight loss and explain exactly what you need to get started.
What is 16/8 Intermittent Fasting?
Intermittent fasting is simply an eating pattern where you alternate between eating and fasting.
16/8 intermittent fasting is the most popular method by far.
It involves a 16-hour fast in which you will abstain from consuming food, and then and 8-hour eating window. Usually, the only liquid that can be consumed during the fasting period is water, coffee, or tea which are all zero calorie drinks.
A common strategy is to begin your 8-hour eating window at noon and finish at 8:00 PM. This means that you will have your first meal around lunchtime, and still have your last meal around dinner time.
You just have to put up with water and coffee during the morning! It’s not too hard once you get used to it!
Why this type of fasting is so appealing is because of its simplicity. All you have to do is eat within an 8 hour period to see results, easy as pie!
However, when combined with proper nutrition, regular exercise, and a complete plan, your weight loss results can increase dramatically!
What Are The Benefits Of Intermittent Fasting?
Fasting is nothing new to the human body and we do it every single day while sleeping.
It’s convenient, simple to follow and extremely beneficial to our bodies in a number of different ways.
1. 16/8 Intermittent Fasting Can Promote Weight Loss.
Intermittent fasting has many different ways in which it promotes weight loss:
- Lowers Insulin Levels: Fasting promotes weight loss is by reducing insulin levels. Insulin is a hormone that is secreted when we eat. By regularly fasting, the blood levels of insulin lower significantly, which promotes fat burning.
- Increases HGH: Intermittent fasting has been shown to increase the levels of HGH by up to 5x. Higher levels of HGH aid in fat burning, as well as muscle growth.
- Aids in Cellular Repair: Fasting also aids in your body’s cellular repair process, such as removing waste material from cells.
- Eat Fewer Calories: Generally, you will eat fewer calories while intermittent fasting which will lead to a caloric reduction.
- Increase Metabolic Rate: Fasting can boost your metabolic rate by up to 14% which can help you to burn more calories throughout the day.
The changes that occur in your body when regularly fasting can help to speed up your weight loss and improve results dramatically.
2. Reduce Oxidative Stress & Inflammation With 16/8 Intermittent Fasting.
Oxidative stress is an imbalance of free radicals and antioxidants in the body. It is one of the primary steps
An intermittent fasting diet may help to enhance the your resistance to oxidative stress and fight inflammation.
3. 16/8 Intermittent Fasting Can Increase Longevity.
Imagine a way of increasing your lifespan? Well, you may be able to now.
Studies in rats have shown that intermittent fasting extends can extend their lifespan by up to 83%. That’s a massive amount!
Although this has not yet been proven in humans, with the
4. A 16/8 Intermittent Fasting Diet Is Simple To Follow.
Another great benefit of intermittent fasting is that it’s simple to follow. Meaning, you can gain a lot of great benefits without doing a whole lot of hard work.
You’ll snack less, eat out of boredom less and feel more satisfied when you do eat. By spending less time preparing, and eating many different meals, you’ll have more time to focus on other more productive things.
Leave a comment if you enjoyed A Beginners Guide To 16/8 Intermittent Fasting For Weigh Loss, or if you have any questions.