Flavorful and creamy butter chicken recipe with basmati rice and simple garlic naan bread. Grab one of these out of your fridge on the way to work, and your colleagues might even pay you to make their lunches! It’s packed full of flavor and only takes 45 minutes to prep and cook.
If you’re looking for a new dish to add into your meal prep routine that will excite your tastebuds, this is it!
Butter chicken is hands down one of my favorite curries. Nine times out of ten I will pick it when we’re getting take out. It’s so creamy, fresh and never EVER disappoints.
This is a simple recipe of the infamous butter chicken with a side of basmati rice and garlic naan bread.
It only takes 45 minutes to prep and cook this butter chicken recipe, and you’ll end up with four meals for the week.
Make sure to keep your eyes on your curry at all times because you’ll find others get extremely jealous of the delicious smell!
Butter Chicken With Rice And Garlic Naan
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 3 tsp garlic minced
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 170g can tomato paste
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pizza dough
- 4 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander/cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil and onions, cook until golden. Add garlic and ginger to the pan and cook for 30 seconds while stirring. Add chicken, tomato paste, and spices. Stir to combine and cooked for 6-7 minutes or until everything is cooked through. Add coconut cream and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine butter, garlic, and cilantro/coriander in a bowl. Divide pizza dough into 6 equal portions and roll out into circles. Heat up a skillet over medium-high heat, add a small amount of olive oil to avoid the naan sticking. Place pizza dough into the skillet. When the underside of the dough bubbles and has small burnt spots, flip it over and baste with butter garlic mixture. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Add rice and water to a microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 12 minutes in the microwave. Fluff rice using a fork.
- Divide rice between glass meal prep containers. Then divide butter chicken. Finally, divide the naan bread evenly. (whatever you have left after sneaking a taste test) 😉
- The longer you let your butter chicken simmer the thicker your sauce will be, and the stronger the flavors will be. Adjust simmering time to your taste and get the perfect butter chicken for you!
- Test the rice after 12 minutes. If it’s still not cooked, put it back in for 3 minutes.
- Wrap naan seperately to avoid soggy naan.
- Roll out the pizza dough really thin to get the perfect naan. After a few attempts you’ll find a thickness that you like best.
If you enjoyed these Butter Chicken With Rice and Garlic Naan recipe please share it with your friends!